The background of the model comes from the berry industry.
- Farm location, logistic access to highway, port or railway
- Space between rows, minimum 3,5 meters
- Space between plants 1 – 1,5 m (hedge model)
- Soil between rows steady, clean and well maintained
- Min. 20 m fire gates every 500 m (clear land, no grass)
- 10 m width service roads every 250 m
- Highly mechanized (harvesting, pruning, fertilizing etc.)
- Continuous pruning, mechanized
This model has not been tested with the older bushes (4 years ->); the density of the plants needed may still change if new studies prove that one meter density is too tight.